This website contains affiliate links. As an affiliate I may earn money from qualifying purchases. Thank you if you do use one of my links – it helps keep my website going. Please see affiliate link and disclaimer page for more information.
It’s lovely being back and joining in with different book blogging activities. It was a tricky day of surgery recovery yesterday after going into adrenal crisis AGAIN. However, we’re increasing my steroid dose and I’m doing much better today and ready to share our reading and plans for the week. Looking forward to checking out what other are reading too.
We’re light on books this week but I’m sure that will increase as the weeks go on!
Bumble & Snug and the Shy Ghost
Floss is so excited to have Bumble & Snug and the Shy Ghost from the library. It’s the third book in this spectacular series with loveable characters Bumble and Snug. One thing we love about these books is that we can read them together with Floss being Snug and me being Bumble – we mix up with other characters.
The Bumble & Snug series by Mark Bradley are the perfect beginner graphic novels for early independent readers. I’d put them around age 5+. Here’s a link to some great activity resources for Bumble and Snug and you can find a BBC bitesize with the author here.
The World of Rachel Bright & Jim Field – Yoto Card
Yoto have launched a new card The World of Rachel Bright & Jim Field. We love the books by Rachel Bright and Jim Field. We saw the pair at the Cheltenham Literary festival and they’re even more fabulous in person. This pack gives you six of their amazing titles narrated by Bill Nighy over 44 minutes.
There’s two brilliant packs of resources materials to go with this book series. There is a pack designed for EYFS/ Reception age and one for KS1. You can also find a mini extract of The Koala Who Could here.
Just Finished Reading
Sammy Striker and the Football Cup
There’s lots to love about Sammy Striker and the Football Cup including diverse representation including disability. It’s packed full of friendship and helps children believe in themselves just like Sammy.
UPDATE – you can now find my review and inside images here.
An ideal book for budding football supporters as the 20th of July 2023 is not far away. That’s when the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup commences in Australia and New Zealand.
Floss loves a draw-a-long so I was very pleased to discover this video.
Fly, Butterfly, Fly!
Thanks to Bethan at Graffeg for sending Fly, Butterfly, Fly! for me to review. This is the next installment in the Wild Wanderers series written by the incredible Dom Conlon and wonderfully illustrated by Anastasia Izlesou. I’m incredibly excited for this one.
I love seeing the behind the scenes in book making. This little video is brilliant and gives you a glimpse inside this book.
Accidental Trouble Magnet Planet Omar – Tonie Character
Accidental Trouble Magnet Planet Omar is a recent release from the Tonie Box. Giving you 104 minutes of audio. It’s a suggested age of 8+ but Floss has been very keen to listen to a Planet Omar book.
Spotted this KS2 activity resources for Accidental Trouble Magnet Planet Omar.
Any of these on your read or TBR pile?
What’s Been on the Blog?
- Find a review of The Repair Shop Craft Book here.
- Find out our top ten books Floss and I are longing for for the rest of this year here.
- Discover books and crafts that are ideal for learning about fascinating farms here.
- A swashbuckling review of When I was a Pirate by Flying Eye Books here.
- Young, Gifted and Black, Too is reviewed here, a great non-fiction addition to your bookshelves.
What I’ve spotted in the Blogsphere?
- BookRead2Day shone a light on a book I’m eager to read – Lilly and Miles The Torch. You can find the review here.
- Veronica piqued my interest with a book due out this September. It’s a graphic non-fiction title Drawn to Change the World. Find out more in her enlightening review here.
- Earlier this month Toppsta had some great recommendations for what books to read if your child loves the Rainbow Magic series. You can find the blog post here.